Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

I used to read blogs everyday.  Used to.  But now I have one or two that I read once in a while.  One of favorites has totally inspired me.  If you've never been to How Sweet It Is you've gotta check it out.  I mean red velvet baked doughnuts and pumpkin coffee cake.  Enough said.  Needless to say, I've been baking a lot lately.

Here is one of my favorite recipes:

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients:


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature and more for the pan
1 cup sugar plus more for the pan
2 large eggs
1 and 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 or 3)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips


Step 1:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and then dust it with sugar.  Set aside.

Step 2:  Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.

Step 3:  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.

Step 4:  Add bananas, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.

Step 5:  Add chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.



I don't actually measure the chocolate chips - I just keep adding until it looks like enough.  

Step 6:  Sprinkle the top of the batter with additional sugar.  About 1/4 cup.

Step 7:  Bake until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour, depending on the pan and your oven.  I start checking at about 50 minutes.



Step 8:  Let rest in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to cool.

ENJOY!


Thanks How Sweet for inspiring me to post!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...